Meet Dimitrios when he is doing keynote presentations and seminars at these events around the world - Come and say hello !
2012, Technologies for restaurant of the future, Restaurant of the future, International Seminar, 29 November, Lamego, Portugal
2012, Global Summit on City Tourism | Destination Management, 14 – 16 November 2012. Haliç Congress Centre, World Tourism Organisation
2012, eTourism experiences and augmented reality, “Obiettivo Turismo” 14th November 2012 in the Lugano Convention Centre Switzerland
2012, Tourism Futures and Trends, BU@WTM2012 Workshop : The Future of Tourism, Thursday 9 Nov 2012
2012, Technology enabled tourism experience, IFITT@ World Travel Market 2012, Monday 5th November 2012
2012, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 15-17 October 2012
2012, Technology for Hospitality, 2nd Hoteliers' Meeting of Historic Hotels of Europe from 7th to 9th October 2012 in Ireland
2012, Tourism and Technology trends, RDO The Resort Development Organisation (RDO) Conference at the Pestana London http://www.rdoconference.org/ 24-25 September 2012
2012, eTourism developments and challenges, eTourism Summit, 5th Annual E-Tourism Africa Summit 2012 September 15th- 16th 2011, Cape Town South Africa.
2012, eTourism Strategies, Como Summer School, 23 July 2012, Como Italy
2012, eTourism Strategies and Benchmarking of Destinations, Australia National Tourism and Events Excellence Conference, 16-17 July 2012, Melbourne, Australia
2012, Technology Tourism and Hospitality Innovations, IFITT Greece, Friday 20th April 2012, Heraklion Crete, Greece
2012, Technology Enabled Tourism Experience Economy @ EyeForTravel Travel Distribution Summit Europe in London London, 18th April 2012
2012, Technology for the Future of Tourism, Timeshare Association TATOC, Manchester , 9-10 March 2012
2012, Technology for restaurants and hospitality, Restaurant of the Future, Porto, Portugal, 17 February 2012
2012, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 8-10 February 2012
2012, Various presentations ENTER2012 Helsinborg, Sweden 25-27 January 2012 www.enter2012.org
2011, Tourism Futures and Trends, BU@WTM2011 Workshop : The Future of Tourism, Thursday 10 Nov 2011 14:00-16:00 North Gallery Rooms 6 + 7 http://www.wtmlondon.com/page.cfm/Action=Seminars/SeminarID=56
2011, Technology and Social Media enabled Real-time Service Management in Hospitality and Tourism, IFITT@ World Travel Market 2011, Monday 7th November 2011 Platinum Suite 1 from 10.00 - 12.00 http://www.wtmlondon.com/page.cfm/action=Seminars/SeminarID=1
2011, eTourism developments, International Conference on Tourism & Management Studies School of Management, Hospitality and Tourism of the University of the Algarve – Algarve 2011, 26-29th October 2011. http://www.esght.ualg.pt/conferencia/index.php
2011, , Tourism and Technology trends, RDO The Resort Development Organisation (RDO) Conference at the Don Carlos Resort & Spa in Marbella,Spain http://www.rdoconference.org/ 26-28 September 2011
2011, Key trends in eTourism, IFITT Greece - Hilton Hotel Athens Greece Capital+Vision Multiconference, Greek-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Newspaper "Kefalaio" (Capital), the portal Capital.gr http://www.capitalvision.gr/e/home.asp 23-25 September 2011
2011, Education and Industry Advancing together Belgrade Serbia http://www.eiat-conference.org/index.html 23-25 September 2011
2011, eTourism developments and challenges, eTourism Summit, 4th Annual E-Tourism Africa Summit 2011 September 15th- 16th 2011, Cape Town South Africa.
2011, Destination Marketing through User Personalised Content (UPC) and Web 2.0 Academy for the Study of Tourism Taiwan June 2011
2011, eTourism developments and challenges, Mandag Morgen, Copenhagen 30 May 2011.
2011, eTourism strategies for hoteliers, Cyprus, 23-26 May 2011.
2011, Technology And Social Media Enabled Real-Time Service Management In Hospitality And Tourism IFITT workshop at the EyeForTravel London Travel Distribution Summit Europe 2011, London, 10 May 2011.
2011, eTourism Futures, 3rd International Tourism Week - ITW 2011, “E-tourism: New Roles and Future Trends”, Akdeniz University, School of Tourism and Hotel Management, Antalya, Turkey April 14-16, 2011
2011, WTM Vision Conference – Milan 13-14 April 2011
2011, eTourism innovations and Web 2.0, Advanced Course, Malta Ministry of Tourism, 4-6 April 2011
2011, eTourism, Gastronomy and Food experience, IMIC2011, Valuing the food experience, February 2011
2011, EyeforTravel, eTourism & Travel Distribution for Southern Europe & Mediterranean - Conference & Expo
26th-28th January 2011 - 18th ENTER2011@Innsbruck Austria http://www.enter2011.org/
Chairing Eyefortravel in Athens 31 January -1 February http://events.eyefortravel.com/e-tourism/index.asp
- IMIC 2011 Valuing the food experience 2-3 February 2011, Athens http://imic2011.conferences.gr
- The 2011 Athens Tourism Symposium: International Scientific Congress on Current Trends in Tourism Management and Tourism Policy 2-3 February 2011 Megaron Athens International Conference Centre, Athens, Greece http://ats.conferences.gr/
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
ESRC Round Table Event on Innovation in Travel and Tourism 16th February 2-5pm at Imperial College, London
- WTM Vision Conference in Milan in association with TTG Italia on 14 April 2011 http://www.ttgincontri.it/it/wtmvision/programma-e-relatori
- 13th-16th Dec 2010 3rd Arab International eTourism and eMarketing Conference, IOETI conference 2010 Luxor-Egypt http://ioeti.org/2010_ioeti_conference/index.ph
- 26th-28th January 2011 - 18th ENTER2011@Innsbruck Austria http://www.enter2011.org/30 August 2010 SALZBURG, AUSTRIA K- Project “e-motion” (e-Motion - Research in ICT for the tourism, sport and leisure industries) http://e-motion.salzburgresearch.at
- 7-9 September 2010 Morelia, Michoacan, MEXICO Tourism Megatrends, Centre for Tourism Research at the Tecnológico de Monterrey http://www.itesm.edu/
- 13-18 September 2010 CHIOS, GREECE Chios Summer School on Sustainable Tourism 13-18 September 2010 http://www.cima-online.org/summerschool/
- 21-23 September 2010, HERACLION, CRETE, GREECE, Key future issues of eTourism,European Commission Information Society I-SPEED projecthttp://www.ispeed.eu/
- 1st and 2nd October 2010 BARCELOS, PORTUGAL Tourism Products and Destinations of Excellence Conference http://www.ipca.pt/cit/eng/programa.html
- 5-6 th October 2010 PRAGUE CZECH REPUBLIC, EYE FOR TRAVEL Social Media in Travel Strategies awww.ipca.pt/cit/eng/programa.htmnd Online Marketing in Travel Strategies Summit in Prague http://events.eyefortravel.com/online-marketing-and-social-media/
- 11th–14th October 2010 BUYEO, REPUBLIC OF KOREA The 2nd T.20 Tourism Ministers' Meeting http://www.t20korea.com/
- 21-23 October INNSBRUCK, Austria eTourism Futures Seminar at MCI MANAGEMENT CENTER INNSBRUCK, Austria
- 25-27 October Salzburg AUSTRIA eTourism Developments and Challenges Seminar, IMTE - Innovation and Management in Tourism FACHHOCHSCHULE SALZBURG GmbH, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences
- 11 November 2010 * 14:00-16:00 LONDON Location: North Gallery Rooms6&7 World Travel Market Tourism Futures Forumhttp://www.wtmlondon.com/page.cfm/action=Seminars/SeminarID=9
- 18 and 19 November 2010 FLORENCE, ITALY Stazione Leopolda, BTO Buy Tourism Online http://www.buytourismonline.com
- 24-25-26 November 2010 La Laguna, Tenerife, SPAIN National Congress of Scientific Experts in Tourism in Spain 2010 http://www.aecit.org/
- 13th-16th Dec 2010 Luxor-EGYPT 3rd Arab International eTourism and eMarketing Conference, IOETI conference 2010 http://ioeti.org/2010_ioeti_conference/index.ph
- 13, 14 and 15 of January 2011 BEIRUT, LEBANON The Secret of E-Business and E-tourism
- 26th-28th January 2011 Innsbruck AUSTRIA - 18th ENTER2011 http://www.enter2011.org/
- PAST Events Organised by Dimitrios Buhalis
Academic year 2009-2010
• Sustainability, Climate Change and Tourism: Challenges posed by the global economic crisis (UNESCO; SM; southwest tourism) 25th November, Bournemouth University
• Tourism Frontiers 3030@World Travel Market-Thursday12 November 2009
• Tourism and New Media Tourism Society, 24th September 2009, Bournemouth University
Academic year 2008-2009
Academic year 2006-2007
Academic year 2005-2006
Academic year 2004-2005
· The future of tourism: developments and challenges: discussion forum, World Travel Market, Wed 10 November 2004
· Distribution and Pricing Strategies in Passenger Transportation, EyeforTravel, 6-7 October 2004, Amsterdam
Academic year 2003-2004
· 3nd eTourism Futures Forum, University of Surrey, 29-30th March 2004.
· ENTER’04, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism, Cairo, January 2004.
Academic year 2002-2003
· mTourism, Tourism Society, University of Surrey, 7th May 2003
· 2nd eTourism Futures Forum, University of Surrey, 31st March-1st April 2003.
· ENTER’03: ENTER Overall Chair, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism,Helsinki, January 2003.
· IST2002- Tourism Information Systems Session, European Commission, November 2003,Copenhagen
· EyeforTravel, eTourism, Amsterdam, 7th-8th October 2002.
Academic year 2001-2002
· Tourism Distribution Channels, Tourism Society, University of Surrey, 12 June 2002
· 2nd Tourism Industry and Education Symposium, Jyvaskyla Polytechnic, Finland 16-18 May 2002
· eTourism Destinations, Tourism Society, University of Surrey, 24th April 2002
· 1st eTourism Futures Forum, University of Surrey, 25-26 March 2002
· ENTER’02: Destinations, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism, Innsbruck, 23-26 January 2002.
Academic year 2000-2001
· European Tourism Education, Tourism Society-University of Surrey, July 2001,
· 2nd Pan European Distribution Strategies for the Travel Industry, Access Conferences, Nice, June 2001
· Entrepreneurship in Tourism, University of Lapland, April 2001.
· eTourism: Challenges-Trends, University of Surrey, Tourism Society, February, 2001.
· 3rd Changing Distribution Channels in travel Industry, Access Conferences, London, December 2000.
Academic year 1999-2000
· ENTER’2000: IT in tourism, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism, Barcelona, April 2000.
· Information technology and Tourism Management, University of Westminster, London, March 2000.
· Optimising Tourism Impacts, 3rd Annual Tourism Forum, University of Westminster, London, December 1999.
Academic year 1998-1999
· Marketing tourism destinations for the future, Tourism Society, London, May 1999.
· Information technology and Tourism Management, University of Westminster, London, March 1999.
· Tourism Education in the new Millennium, Association of Tourism Teachers & Trainers, London, February 1999.
· Urban Tourism: Issues and challenges, Madeira, Portugal, February 1999.
· ENTER’99: IT in tourism, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism, Innsbruck, January 1999.
· Sustainable Tourism: Eco-loving or Marketing Plot, 2nd Annual Forum, University of Westminster, December 1998.
· Information Technology for Tourism, OECD-Korean National Tourism Organisation, Seoul, November 1998.
Academic year 1997-1998
· Planning the management of tourism for the future, Tourism Society, London, March 1998.
· Tourism Education: International Perspective, Association of Tourism Teachers & Trainers, London, February 1998.
· ENTER’98: IT in tourism, International Federation of Information Technology in Tourism, Istanbul, January 1998.
· Tourism in the Mediterranean, 1st Annual Tourism Forum, University of Westminster, London, December 1997.